St Michael's School is situated at 268 High Street, Ashburton, one kilometre west of Warrigal Road, and in close proximity to the Ashburton shopping centre and both the Alamein and Ashburton railway stations.
The student intake areas comprise parts of Glen Iris, Burwood, Solway, Alamein, Ashburton and Ashwood. These suburbs are predominantly residential areas.
Part of a vibrant parish community
St Michael's School is an integral part of the St Michael's Parish community. Fr Laurence works with staff and parishioners to ensure that liturgical celebrations with children are festive, inclusive and meaningful. All families are warmly invited and encouraged to participate in the life of the Parish.
The school has a current enrolment of 276 children.
Alive to the urgings of the spirit
Guided by our faith and our traditions.
St Michael's Parish Primary School…
Reflects the human face of Jesus, to the children in our care,
In an environment of faith, hope and love.
Faith - that is celebrated and will sustain us through life's challenges.
Hope - that by our work, we will reach our own potential - academic, spiritual, physical, emotional and social.
Love - that will liberate us to be compassionate and committed to the service of others.
Click here to download our VIsion Statement.
ST MICHAEL'S IS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Where each of the following statements is considered of equal importance.
- In the context of our Vision Statement each child is encouraged to develop:
- A sense of self-esteem, acceptance & resilience.
- An awareness of the uniqueness and worth of each individual as gifted and loved by God.
- An active participation in the life of the Faith community.
- An enthusiasm for learning.
- Competence in all Key Learning Areas.
- The ability to be creative, imaginative and open to change.
- Respect for self and others.
- Responsibility for their own decisions and actions.
- Pastoral Care for all members of the school community is of prime importance.
- Reconciliation/Forgiveness is taught and practised so joy can be expressed and affirmation can be given.
- Children, parents and staff are nurtured in a faith environment so that they may grow in their relationship with God and each other.
- Each child learns in a physically safe and emotionally secure environment where they feel accepted and challenged to work to their own potential.
- The individual needs and learning styles of each child is recognized and accommodated.
- Each staff member works cooperatively with compassion and sensitively as a part of a team, while striving for professionalism, excellence and personal growth.
- We endeavor to recognize, respect, share and encourage the expertise and involvement of parents in the on-going education of their children.
- We strive to give recognition to the educational needs of the financially disadvantaged in our Parish and act as their advocates.